DEFINITION OF PASSION

passion [pash-uh n]
-noun
a strong or extravagant fondness, enthusiasm, or desire for anything.

Saturday, June 5, 2010

can i get an encore?

wrote this almost a year ago
poem entitled, encore

im pacing back and forth
backstage
waiting anxiously
to start the show
but im nervous
because there are soo many
people here
that dont know--
me or what im capable of
i just dont wanna disappoint them
i wanna give them what theyve
been longing for..
i wanna be everything they
thought id be.. and more..
"IT'S SHOWTIMEEE!"
okay! i take a deep breath
its my time, so i enter stage left
its a lot more people here
than i thought it'd be
i just wonder.. "what do they
expect of me.."
but i didnt let them take me
outta my game
what made it better, i had
honesty, trust, and loyalty
chanting my name
so i did what i came to do
i showed what i had to prove
silence...
then the crowd went wild and
started yelling in a roar
i listened a little closer to what
they were saying..
"LOVE! WE WANT MORE!"
"LOVE! WE WANT MORE!"
so i did what i was supposed to
told the dj to make a heart beat
and i gave them an encore.

No comments:

Post a Comment